Monday, May 3, 2021

Team Wammer Website now up and running


Weston Mazey is receiving therapy
in Atlanta as he recovers from an
injury suffered on a baseball field.
(Photo used with permission of
Amanda Mazey)

Last week I posted, then removed, a couple of links regarding Weston Mazey, the son of former Clemson player Randy Mazey. The younger Mazey suffered a traumatic brain injury in a collision on a baseball field earlier this year.

I was looking for an update on him when I found the links on You Tube and posted them. Weston's mom Amanda informed me the links were not intended for public viewing yet and that's when I removed them.

Randy Mazey, now the coach at West Virginia, missed several games earlier in the season during Weston's hospitalization. Weston has been moved to a rehab facility in Atlanta to continue his recovery.

With the assistance of  former WVU Jeff Hostetler's HOSS Foundation, the Mazeys have formed a foundation to help families of those who have suffered traumatic brain injuries. It's called "Team Wammer," after Weston's nickname.

Amanda Mazey told me today via an e-mail that the Website and videos are now available for public viewing. Within a few days they've raised almost $40,000 toward their goal of $100,000.

Here's a link. I know the Mazeys would appreciate support from Tigers, Gamecocks and anyone else. The next thing I plan to do after posting this is make a donation.

#TeamWammer

No comments: