Tuesday, February 7, 2023

News digest, Feb. 7



SEC to use 10-run rule

I somehow missed this until today, but the Southeastern Conference is implementing a 10-run rule for conference games this season. If one team is ahead by 10-plus runs after seven innings, the game will end. I've seen no official release from the league, but I suspect it may also be an option for nonconference home games. The 10-run rule has been in effect in SEC Tournament games for several years. I've already changed my mind from what my first reaction was after hearing of this. I'll include my thoughts in the Palmetto State Baseball Podcast later this week.

SEC sets TV schedule

The SEC announced Tuesday that  91 baseball games involving conference teams will be shown on various ESPN-platform channels. Included are 72 games on the SEC Network, 11 on ESPNU and eight on ESPN2.  Eight South Carolina games are included.
SEC

In addition to the above, most games involving SEC teams will be streamed on SEC+ or ESPN+. South Carolina's SEC+ schedule is below.  Several nonconference road games also may be streamed based on home team streaming agreements.
USC on SEC+

Pacers provide notes

USC Aiken has posted its weekly notes package.
Pacers

No comments: