Thursday, February 23, 2023

Was this excessive celebration?

I know this Website is supposed to focus on college baseball in South Carolina, but I just wanted to address something that happened Monday.

University of Washington baseball player Will Simpson was ejected from Monday's game against Santa Clara game after hitting a home run. The cause was "excessive celebration."

I have no other video before or after the  below clip as far as putting what's shown in context.  The bat "flip" certainly wasn't over the top. The only possible explanation I've seen was when Simpson "underlined" the "Washington" on the front of his jersey between second and third bases.

I'm going to address this in this week's Palmetto State Baseball Podcast later tonight. In the meantime, please watch the video and vote in the poll below.

Excessive celebration?



No comments: