Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Why did USC baseball's Twitter account go out of its way to offend Christians?

I'm ticked off at my alma mater right now. It's not the first time, and I'm confident it won't be the last. The Twitter account for the University South Carolina's baseball team posted a short video of game highlights followed by interjections of reactions. One of the first was of a toddler saying "Jesus Christ." Why would anyone think that's appropriate to be on a school-sanctioned video?

I fully understand that USC is is NOT a Christian school. But the video would be just as effective (or not effective, depending on your taste) without insulting the belief systems of a sizeable portion of its alumni fan base?

I realize I have no right to be offended by courses offered by the school or policies that offend me. It's a secular school and not operated under Christian standards/principles.

I realize that Dawn Staley and her basketball players have every right to not show respect for the American flag by being on the court for the National Anthem. It's a free country and we aren't required to have the same views.

However, I believe I DO have the right to be offended that an official University media outlet treats the person I believe is God in Human form so lightly as to use his name as an oath.

I'm not going to post a link to the video because I don't want to give it additional exposure. You can find it on Twitter if you really want to see it.

Am I acting like just another old white guy that the younger generations is ready to die sooner that later?

Tell me where I'm wrong.

HEY! YOU KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN!


No comments: