Thursday, February 16, 2017

News digest, Feb. 16, part 2

Furman baseball blog debuts
My great friend and former co-worker Scott Keeler has started a blog centered around Furman baseball. Scott covered Furman athletics for The Greenville News until his position was eliminated late last year. Luckily, he doesn't hold it against me (or I hope he doesn't) for hiring him a couple of decades back and getting him into what is now a dying newspaper industry.

Give his blog a try. I certainly don't see it as competition because I'm for anything that advances interest in college baseball.
Furman baseball

Scarborough recovering
Ron Scarborough, longtime Upstate radio sports talk host, is recovering after suffering a stroke earlier this week. A Greenville native and PHD (Parker High Diploma) holder, Scarborough currently has his broadcast on WGOG (FM-101.7) in Walhalla on weeknights. He has been gracious enough to have me on his program several times to discuss college baseball.

His condition improved from Wednesday to Thursday and during my visit with him he expressed to me his desire to make it to the Wright State-Clemson opener on Friday.

Still, I'm sure Ron would appreciate your prayers if you're the type to do so.

No comments: