Weather impacts schedule
The prospect of cold weather has prompted several schedule changes this week.
* Clemson's Tuesday-Wednesday home games with Yale have been moved to 4 p.m. and 3 p.m., respectively.
* Presbyterian's Wednesday game at Georgia has been pushed up to 4 p.m.
* Coastal Carolina's Wednesday home game against UNC Wilmington has been rescheduled for 6 p.m. May 9.
* USC Beaufort's Tuesday home doubleheader with Edward Waters has been pushed back an hour to 2 p.m.
* The Citadel has moved the start time for its Tuesday game with Winthrop to 3 p.m., its Thursday game with Dartmouth to 4 p.m. and its Friday game with Dartmouth to 5 p.m. All are at Joe Riley Park in Charleston.
* Newberry's Tuesday home game with Erskine has been pushed back to Wednesday.
* USC Sumter's Monday home doubleheader against Carl Sandburg has been rescheduled for Tuesday.
* Spartanburg Methodist's Tuesday home game against fellow NJCAA power Walters State has been moved back an hour to 4 p.m.
* Florence-Darlington Tech's home doubleheader with Lakeland has been moved from Wednesday to Thursday.
* Southern Wesleyan's Tuesday game at Young Harris has been postponed. No makeup date has been posted.
* The same is true for Benedict's Tuesday game at Winston-Salem State.
Armstrong State to drop athletics
Armstrong State is expected to discontinue its athletics program at the end of this school year. The Pirates complete in the Peach Belt Conference. The school is going to be consolidated into the Georgia Southern University system.
* South Carolina has posted notes recapping last week, when the Gamecocks went 4-0.
* Mike Cawood, who handles media relations for Coastal Carolina, has shared some interesting stats about the defending national champion Chanticleers: Their 11-7 record matches the 2016 mark after 18 games. They have scored 10 less runs and hit 2 less doubles than at this point a year ago. They've hit three more homers, have a lower ERA (4.86 vs. 5.06) and Chants pitchers have struck out 169 vs. 162 a year ago.
* Clemson plays host to Yale Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons.
* Furman has released notes previewing Tuesday's game against South Carolina at Fluor Field in Greenville.
* USC has issued its version of notes for the Furman game. Cody Morris, who was solid in his first career start last week, is the scheduled pitcher for the Gamecocks.
* USC Beaufort has submitted notes on its Tuesday doubleheader with Edward Waters.
* The Citadel plays host to Winthrop Tuesday afternoon.
* Coker has shared notes on its Tuesday home game with Barton.
* Charleston Southern has shared notes previewing its Tuesday game against North Greenville in Lexington and its Wednesday home game with Winthrop.
1. Louisville (4th last week). 9. Clemson (9). 10. South Carolina (10). 20. Coastal Carolina (18).
1. Louisville (5). 10. Clemson (11). 12. South Carolina (13). Dropped out: Coastal Carolina (22).
1. Florida State (3). 8. South Carolina (8). 13. Clemson (14). 23. Coastal Carolina (21).
1. Louisville (4). 7. South Carolina (7). 11. Clemson (12).
1. Louisville (4). 9. South Carolina (8). 11. Clemson (10).
DI: 1. Oregon State (3). 14. Clemson (14). 16. Clemson (18).
DII: 1. Tampa (2). 8. USC Aiken (11). 26. North Greenville (NR).
Big South Conference player of the week: Nick Guimbarda, Presbyterian