Wednesday, January 24, 2018

I'm back ... more or less

If you were following this blog last baseball you probably noticed my posts dropped off dramatically as the season went along.

Several factors, including an illness affecting my family, contributed to me developing a raging case of apathy. I found updating the scorelist daily to be a chore instead of a pleasure. I cut back on Tweeting in-game updates and didn't attend many games over the last half of the season.

You'll notice I didn't post between the final day of the MLB draft in June and today. I missed coaching changes, preseason rankings and lots of other stuff. At one time I intended to discontinue the blog. Ad clicks generate just a few dollars per month even during peak times. I started this blog in 2009 as an outlet for me to write. The enjoyment wasn't there most of last season.

I'm not sure how active I'm going to be this season, but I've compiled all state schedules (Morris' is incomplete for now, but usually doesn't begin its season until mid-March) and listed them in the calendar at the bottom of the page.

You may notice USC Union has moved up from club status and will compete in NJCAA Region 10. That gives us 32 state teams (11 NCAA Division I, 12 NCAA Division II, 3 NAIA and 6 NJCAA).

I'm planning to do a daily scorelist and schedule, but there will be days when I don't sit at a computer for hours on end waiting for a score to show up.

USC Salkehatchie opens its season -- and the state schedule -- at 4 p.m. Friday with a home game against Walter State.

I hope everyone has a great season.



2 comments:

mtgallo said...

Welcome back. I missed you when you didn't write, but I totally understand. Thanks for all you do for college baseball in SC.

ulmgrad said...

Feel the same....do what makes you happy. My son plays for a DII school in SC (we're from FL) . I appreciate any scraps of info/opinion I can get and greatly appreciate your efforts. But only do it if you want to.