Thursday, October 14, 2010

Small World Department

1. For my real job with The Greenville News, I met Landon Powell for an interview about his Nov. 7 charity event to raise funds for and awareness of organ/tissue donation. During the conversation, I mentioned I had gone to the SEC Tournament for the past several years and that this year I entered the stadium parking lot in Hoover behind a car with both Clemson and USC decals and figured it was Bill Wingo, ex-Union High and Clemson star and father of USC second baseman Scott Wingo. On the way back to the office from the interview, I pulled into a drive-thru to get a sandwich. The car in front of me was the same one I had seen in Hoover -- driven by Bill Wingo.
2. Powell's wife, Allyson, went to Eastside High and attended Taylors First Baptist Church. One of the staff members there was Phil Hargrove. After Hargrove's retirement, he was hired on staff by my church, Reedy River Baptist.

No comments: